Love Welsh Cakes as much as we do? We have decided to declassify our Welsh Cake Secret Recipe and to share it with you all! Are you ready to sweeten your hands? Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus to all our followers.
– 675 g of self-raising flour
– 330 g of butter from a local supplier
– 255 g of caster sugar
– 3 local eggs
– A few sultanas
– 2 teaspoon of mixed spice
1. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, creating a firm dough ball.
2. Roll out the dough 1cm thick, and then slice it into rounds.
3. Carefully, give the rolls a heart shape with a biscuit cutter.
4. Shallow-fry them in a pan using a little local butter. Fry both sides until they are golden-brown while you taste our local beer Red Grouse, produced by Vyrnwy Brewing Co. Our pastry chef Bill advises: Please be extra careful here because if you fry them too much they start to kind of melt.
5. Finish them in the oven for five minutes at 160 °C. This step is our secret key, so please don’t miss it!
6. Place them in a plate, dusting a bit more of caster sugar while they’re still hot.
Mwynhewch eich bwyd!