The lake was full at the beginning of the season and the weather was a mixture of cold and sunny days with winds ranging from strong to calm.
The season started slowly with few rods out but got better as the weather warmed up. 40 rods fished for a total of 172 brown trout and 97 rainbow trout. Most fish were caught on slow sinking and intermediate lines with popular flies being montanas, vivas. Gold-ribbed hair ear and welsh wizard.
Among notable catches for the period were:-
- Ken Thomas party had 30 brownies and 4 rainbows from Whitegates.
- Richard Chapman (fishing with gillie John Davies) had 6 brownies and 15 rainbows from Whitegates.
- Paul Makin had 11 brownies annd 8 rainbows (including 1 of 5lbs) from Whitegates.
- Messrs Landt & Owen had 20 brownies and 5 rainbows from the Boathouse end.
- Stephen Duder and party (fishing with gillie John Davie) had 2 brownies and 22 rainbows.
- Paul Makin had 32 brownies and 4 rainbows from Whitegates.
- Messrs Owen & Sleigh had 12 brownies and 3 rainbows from the Boathouse.
- Paul Makin had 13 brownies and 4 rainbows from Whitegates