Job Vacancy - Sous Chef
The Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa is a privately-owned high-profile Welsh 4 Star Country House hotel with 52 rooms, two extremely busy Restaurants and one AA Rosette. We host a large variety of special occasions such as weddings, corporate events, celebrations etc. The hotel is uniquely located alongside the Snowdonia National Park, overlooking iconic Lake Vyrnwy and forms part of the 24,000-acre RSPB reserve attracting visitors from all over the world who come to simply relax or to sample a wide variety of outdoor activities.
Sous Chef required to work within our fast paced, high volume progressive kitchen. Working closely with the Executive Head Chef you will have a great input in to the creation, planning and production of excellent quality British Country House cuisine for all of the Hotel’s F&B outlets, which include our award-winning Tower Restaurant, Tavern Brasserie and all other banqueting requirements.
- Strong leadership skills are required to motivate and assist in the development and training of the rest of the brigade.
- As Sous Chef you will be responsible for running the kitchen in the Executive Head Chefs absence and will be able to work on all sections if needed.
- Ensuring your brigade has high culinary standards.
- Managing food purchasing and storage.
- Maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen environment.
- Discounted room rate for you and your family
- Discounts on Spa
- Discounts on Restaurant
- 28 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Share of gratuities
- Live in available
This role is a full time, permanent role working 5 days out of 7, offering a competitive salary and excellent opportunities for career progression.
To apply please email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org